[Unit Project 1] When to Change

 


My artifact is shoes made by VANS. The color of these shoes are black, and they have two white lines. They are used when we go to somewhere and dance. The bottom is covered with white rubber, and a lot of "v" which are initial of VANS are written on the back side. The text has disappeared a little because they had been rubbed by ground. The toe part is round. They are a little white and dirty.

 

I belonged to the dance club when I was a high school student. All club member bought the same shoes for dancing because my seniors did so. We used these shoes every time for three years, for example when we practice and dance on the stage, so they wear a little dirty like they are covered by snow. One day, I decided to change my shoes to new white ones because they wear a little dirty and my friend changed her shoes. When I was in the third year of high school, I became to wear new white shoes and dance. It was difficult to dance and move lightly with new shoes. I missed old black one because I was used to wearing black shoes and dancing. I confused about whether I should change my shoes. I took counsel with my friends.

"I debate whether to change my shoes or not to."

My friend answered, "I won't wear my old shoes. Let's dance wearing new white shoes together!!"

When I looked my old shoes, they are a little dirty and the bottoms are rubbed. I understood that I have used them for many years and remembered the memory of them. I thought that I should change my shoes and practice more to wear new shoes and dance well. Then I practiced more with my friends. As I practiced, I got used to dancing in white shoes. At last, the day that I dance on the stage came. I was able to do my best on the stage without making any mistakes. I was so happy.

 

Some people wear the shoes a long time even if they are broken. They wear shoes that the bottoms are wear out. Shoes has a lifespan. If we wear the shoes that have reached the end of their lifespan, they are no longer able to perform their original function. Shoes protect our feet but also, they decrease the fatigue of walking. Therefore, when we wear the shoes that are broken, we feel more tired and hurt our feet. If we find a problem with our shoes, we have to replace them new ones. When we buy new shoes, we have to find the right shoes for your feet in order not to hurt our feet.

 The custom of wearing shoes differs depending on the country. In Japan, we don't wear our shoes inside the house. However, in some countries, we don't have to take off our shoes. This cultural difference is thought to be due to climate, lifestyle, and religion. Japan has long been hot and humid, so wearing shoes all the time can be uncomfortable. Moreover, Japanese think that the inside of the house is a sacred place, and it is believed that this is done to prevent impurity from entering the house. In addition, slippers were invented to prevent people who are not used to taking their shoes off indoors from entering a room with shoes on. I think that it is comfortable to take off my shoes inside my house because my feet can move freely even to my toes and I can be more relaxed.

コメント

  1. It is a very memorable craft! I learned that newer is not necessarily better.

    返信削除
  2. I also learned to dance, so I know how it feels. Such shoes feel more special than the shoes you usually wear.

    返信削除
  3. I understand your mind. I played softball. I had exactly the same experience as you at that time.

    返信削除
  4. I thought it was amazing that the new shoes motivated you to dance well.

    返信削除
  5. We hope this shoe is memorable with you. I think the dirt on this artifact is proof that you've been practicing your dance hard!

    返信削除
  6. Hi, I'm Miyu. Your artifact story is nice. I think old shoes's dirty shown your effort of dance!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Nao's self introduction

This week's foods

Flower